Our association is one of the largest tourism associations in Kyrgyzstan, bringing together tour operators and actively contributing to the development of tourism in the country. Safeguarding the interests of tour operators, alongside a commitment to people and the environment, stands as the foremost priorities of the Kyrgyz Association of Tour Operators. The actions undertaken by the association aim to assist tour operators in minimizing the negative impact and maximizing the positive influence of tourism activities on the environment and the community.
Reducing paper consumption
- We have completely switched to e-documents; We print only when necessary and when required by partners or legislation.
- The printing presses in our office are set by default to double-sided printing (or other paper-saving modes).
- We do not print brochures or catalogs.
We have completely eliminated single-use plastic in the office
- We have installed water dispensers, thus eliminating the use of plastic bottles.
- We have reusable utensils for employees.
- We are actively reducing the use of disposable and single-packaged goods.
- We buy cleaning products in reusable packaging that we re-fill.
Reducing energy consumption
- Monitor and reduce energy consumption.
- Turn off lights when no one is in the room. The last employee to leave the office is responsible for turning everything off.
- Turn off equipment when not in use and set the equipment to default to energy saving mode.
- All bulbs in our office are energy efficient.
- We do not leave chargers plugged in without the device being charged.
- The premises are insulated, with modern double-glazed windows.
Reducing water consumption
- Monitor and reduce water consumption.
- Regularly maintain faucets and plumbing fixtures.
- Use a water-saving dishwasher.
Sorting and recycling of waste
- We comply with national waste disposal legislation.
- We avoid non-recyclable or non-biodegradable packaging materials.
- In our office, we practice separate waste collection, organizing areas for temporary storage of recyclables, and we send waste for recycling.
- We separate all recyclable waste, including plastic, paper, glass, and metal.
Responsible Handling of Hazardous Substances
- We use cleaning materials that are not hazardous.
- We reduce and replace the use of harmful substances, storing, handling, and disposing of chemicals correctly.
- We minimize the use of ink and toner cartridges for printing and copying.
- We comply with national legislation on wastewater treatment (our wastewater is collected by government agencies).
- When selecting office equipment and other electrical appliances, we consider the ecological ratings of electronics manufacturers.
- We properly dispose of batteries.
- We only purchase necessary items.
- We buy products and services from local manufacturers, including office supplies and furniture. When possible, we support small and family-owned local businesses.
- When purchasing new products, we choose equipment with low energy consumption, considering cost and quality.
- We take into account the social responsibility and reputation of the company when making purchases.
- We buy office supplies in bulk to reduce the amount of packaging materials.
- Our corporate gifts for partners and employees are produced by a local social enterprise and young local entrepreneurs.